A day in the life?
In this role, you will occupy a unique, hybrid business development function that fuses multi-channel marketing outreach – email, phone, and in-person communications – with salesmanship and pipeline management.
In this capacity, you will report directly to the Director of Sales, and you will be chiefly responsible for researching, qualifying, and calendaring new meetings for prospective nonprofit grantmakers who are interested in learning about the Network for Good “Jumpstart Program” – an intensive, 12-month program that blends fundraising software and coaching to help nonprofits raise more money and sustain grant funds.
Thus, you will maintain a healthy pipeline of new opportunities from partnering grantmakers, who are interested in funding the Jumpstart Program for their local nonprofits. Further, you will be tasked with motivating our nation’s largest and most influential nonprofit funders. In this regard, you will be a core contributor to a national working group charged with developing solutions to address our nonprofit sector’s most pressing challenges.
We're looking for a sales consultant who can:
- Increase the pool of qualified leads by researching and identifying 50 new community, private, family, and corporate grantmaking foundations who align with the profile of Network for Good’s existing foundation clients, each and every week.
- Conduct email, phone, and personal outreach to educate new grantmakers about the Jumpstart Program, inspiring interest and calendaring meetings with the Managing Director for those who want to learn more. You must effectively communicate the benefits of the Program to the foundation and their nonprofits, compelling 30% of leads to schedule an initial meeting.
- Facilitate questions around Network for Good’s unique role in the nonprofit sector, our relationship to grantmakers, consultants, vendors, nonprofits, public entities, our process of introducing Jumpstart to new communities.
- Manage all business development activity in Network for Good’s Salesforce database, enabling you to report on your assigned performance-based metrics including weekly outreach volume, quality, and frequency.
- Participate in weekly team meetings to report on new insights gained from initial conversations with prospective foundation partners, relaying questions, objections, and the messages that resonate with all members of the Impact Team.
- Meet a minimum quarterly revenue quota assigned to you by the Director of Sales.
Ideally, you have enterprise sales experience or have previously worked as a program or development officer!
- Enterprise Sales - You have successfully identified, solicited, and closed contracts from large, enterprise-level customers in a SaaS environment. You’re able to balance individual, one-on-one outreach to develop relationships from scratch, while also managing the overall moves management of a large portfolio of sales opportunities with sales cycles ranging from 150 to 200 days. You understand the importance of balancing the need to build genuine relationships that address the customer’s needs while meeting your own revenue goals.
- Program Officer - You were a fundraising hire for a small nonprofit organization and successfully raised a minimum of $200,000, leveraging a donor management system and online technologies as part of your success. You successfully engaged your organization's leadership and board to support fundraising and helped the organization launch an annual giving program, receive its first major gifts, and/or gain support from foundations.
- Development Officer - You have managed the grant-making process to guide nonprofit organizations through the application, diligence, and fulfillment phases in a competitive grant-making process. You know and empathize with the challenges nonprofits face in sustaining their funded programs, and their difficulty in submitting effective, engaging grant reports.
- You are entrepreneurial! You tolerate ambiguity in favor of pursuing new opportunities in uncharted territory. Uncertainty doesn’t scare you, it motivates you to build process and find answers.
- You are agile! You can absorb and apply new information quickly and in real-time. You’re able to adjust to developing needs on the fly, and with little lead time.
- You are methodical! You are able to manage and repeat a process that’s effective, you consistently track details, dates, and need-to-know information in an organized and reportable fashion leveraging a database and technology.
- You can advocate! You are interested in changing the attitudes and perceptions of long-standing bias, norms, and conventional thinking in order to campaign for change and greater impact.
- You are passionate! You’re on a mission to serve the nonprofit sector, and help other nonprofits better fund and sustain their own missions.
- You are authentic! You have remarkable and memorable relationship skills. People truly enjoy your presence, and you demonstrate exemplary listening skills while seeking information to solve problems for others.
Location: Network for Good is headquartered in downtown Washington, DC. This position requires up to 75% travel and can be based out of any US city with accessibility to a major airport.
Who are we? In short, we help non-profits unleash generosity!
We believe nonprofits have important missions and deserve great software to power their fundraising and fuel their missions. We use data, technology, and the power of networks to eliminate the daily fundraising grind that most leaders endure. Network for Good provides Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) fundraising solutions that have delivered over $1.5 billion to more than 125,000 charities since 2001.
Why we’re hiring? In short, because we are growing!
We’re growing our team so we can provide more nonprofits with simple solutions to power the good they do. Network for good is a hybrid organization – a nonprofit-owned for-profit. In 2013, we became a Certified B Corporation. We have been able to invest in and enhance our offerings and we’re just getting started!
What can you expect?
You can expect, growth and innovation and to have fun along the way. You will not only be rewarded for your personal achievements, but you will also have the opportunity to be part of an organization that lives by its motto every day: Do Good. Feel Good. ™
We’ve got perks, too! How about Flexible Time Off, Paid Time Off to Volunteer and your birthday as Holiday? In addition to our collaborative, “speed-up” culture, we offer competitive compensation and benefits, including stock options, 401(k) with match, commuter stipend and fantastic health insurance! We’re also a jeans every day workplace!
Candidates submitting an application must have legal authorization to work in the United States. Network for Good is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, marital or parental status, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.